Monday, February 1, 2010

What I heard today

I called our agency and was told that they still do not have our court decree or Tarikwa's birth certificate. She was sending an email to Ethiopia to request it again. And she said that the court decree must be complete as it was submitted to the embassy and wouldn't have been if it wasn't complete. We still don't know about the status of her passport or her TB test. She also said if our travel was delayed, she would know by now.

So it all looks like there are no red lights popping out right now but we've made the decision to continue praying for all these crucial details and not to put our faith in any person, agency or government but ONLY to put our faith in the One who is completely trustworthy and faithful. We trust that God is working behind the scenes on our behalf and taking care of details for us.

Could you please also pray for my new friend, A. who needs an open or closed door from the Lord regarding travel to Ethiopia. She needs to have a solid embassy date set by Wednesday this week. Will you ask the Lord to make it clear to the which direction to take?

Thanks for your continued prayers! We definitely need them.

5 more days, people!!! Katie and I are beyond excited!!!!!

Many blessings,

I failed to mention that today is my little boys birthday. He's 20!!! We are incredibly proud of the man he's become. He loves the Lord and strives to follow Him. What more could a mom want?? How could I be the mother of a 20 year old man? Crazy:-) We love you, Blake.


  1. Praying for both you and A. Can't wait to read that you have left! :o)

  2. LOL! We are praying over you too!

    Talk about excited - oh my word!!!!

    Can't wait to meet you!


  3. PRAYING!!!