I won't pretend that I understand this decision. We thought that since she was traveling it would be easier for the girls emotionally if Tarikwa knew she had a family when her best friend left for the U.S.
We prayed first that they'd let us do this and secondly, that if they said, "no" that we could accept it. I guess it wasn't God's timing for her to get it at this time so we have to trust Him, since He does know best.
So now we will pray for the girls that they'd have strength to be able to handle the separation. Although they will see each other again, they don't know this. A pretty hard thing for 2 little girls who've already been through so much loss in their short lives.
May God be their comfort.