Friday, August 14, 2009

All things are possible!

I could hardly wait to get home from dinner tonight to post the amazing news. The dr. called when we were on our way to dinner. He said that all Blaine's blood work was fine and that he was amazed at the MRI. It looked good and only showed a little spot left. Blaine said, "So, it looks like it's healing."

The dr. said, "No. What I'm saying is that it looks like MRI's from 2 completely different people. The recent one looks like nothing ever happened to you. It's a night and day difference! It looks 99% better than before."

He couldn't believe it! He was dumbfounded and told him, "This is the best news I could tell you!"

Then the song came on the radio (an oldie that I'd normally turn off because of it's oldness but it was completely appropriate at the moment):


"When I call on Jesus, all things are possible.
I can mount on wings like eagles and soar.
When I call on Jesus, mountains are gonna fall.
'Cause He'll move heaven and earth
to come rescue me when I call."

How true is in Blaine's life? He moved heaven and earth for us.

He told Blaine to begin to taper off the Prednisone and in 18 days to call and let him know how the symptom he's still experiencing is doing. He thinks it's still from the small spot that is still showing up on the MRI.

I need time to process all of this and will update when it all sinks in.

On the adoption front, I have been trying to get permission for a friend who is traveling to pick up her daughter (remember L?) in one week to bring with her our gift bag for Tarikwa. I've been trying to get an answer so I can get it to her. L and Tarikwa are best friends and we'd LOVE for her to know that she also has a family when L leaves. It will be so hard on both of them. So far, I haven't gotten the ok to do this. Not sure why...anyway pray that on Monday, permission will be granted if it's God's timing for her to get it. Makes perfect sense to me but God knows best so we will trust Him on this.

"God is good and His mercy endures forever!"

Chalk this up as miracle number.....what? I've lost track!!

Blessings,
Laura

Your faithful prayers have been answered!

2 comments:

  1. Oh Praise GOD!!! SO glad to hear your news!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God Laura! What awesome news! So happy to see Blaine feeling better and showing just how big of a God we serve. So cool!
    On the adoption front I would think they would approve it since Merrily is there at the same time. That way she is there to see it delivered as well. Can you suggest that option? Who are you waiting on for the approval?

    ReplyDelete