Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Looks like a garage sale!

After taking Mihiretu to school, my mom came over to Joani's and we began dumping out huge plastic garbage bags full of smelly, smoky and some wet clothing that we'd deemed too small, too big, too old, too wholy, etc. to keep.  The way insurance works is that they will clean whatever you tell them you want but they don't want to clean clothes you don't really want.  So if you chose to discard some items you receive the cleaning cost for these items.  For example, for a afghan would cost $18.64 to clean so if you don't want it cleaned, you get the $18.64.  If you want it, they clean it and you keep it.  If it is unable to be cleaned due to too much damage or heat causing the color to change, you receive the full replacement cost of the item.  Are you bored to death by this yet?  

Ok, anyway I wish we'd have had the camera with us today because we had huge piles all over the driveway of clothes.  A pile of pants - 77 to be exact.  WHAT?  231 shirts of all kinds.  WHAT? 32 Sweatshirts.  33 boxer briefs.  Ugghhhh.  Are you getting the picture??  Would have made a great photo op!  I can't tell you what a huge relief it is to have that huge job done! 

We went out to the house today to meet with the owner of LeMaster, our restoration company.  What a nice, genuine man.  We raved to him about his great employees, which they deserve.  They are really working hard on our house.  At this point, all the cabinets on the main floor have been removed.  Downstairs  I think they have some sheetrock out and are drying out the 2x4's.  

It really is a blessing to see things moving along so quickly.  I can't imagine how stressful this would be if it was moving at a snails pace.  Our insurance company, which I think I will say is Travelers Insurance, has been absolutely wonderful, as well.  They have advanced us money so we can purchase the things we need and are making sure LeMaster's has been paid so they can keep things moving along for us.  We feel they have been perfectly fair in their dealings with us.  This blog is really not for advertising but I felt that it has helped our family so much that I want to share it with you.  If you live in MN and want to know our agent, let me know.  We can't be more impressed.  

I don't know if I ever gave the fire department credit but as long as I'm on a roll...they were so kind and compassionate to us.  Ditto for the police who were there.  Super helpful and understanding.  

Blessings,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment