Monday, February 7, 2011

Didn't want to bring this up but...

A few days after I was at the S*cial Security office (for the second time), I received a letter stating:

"We cannot issue a S*cial Security card at this time because:

The Dept. of H*meland Security is unable to verify the immigrant document you submitted as evidence of your lawful alien status. You should contact that agency to clarify your immigrant status. YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE NAME WITH THE DEPT. OF H*MELAND SECURITY.

Please contact us when:

You can give us the documents we need."

Seriously???? Oh, my gosh!

I called immediately and explained and re-explained why this would not be necessary. Aliya is a citizen and became one when we readopted her here. Secondly, on the adoption paperwork from the court it has all of her alias' on it.

No I do not want to just bring her down again and have someone review my paperwork. I don't want to take her out of school again.

And no, I do not need to update her green card since she is a US citizen!

Just look at the alias' and you will see that even though her green card says one name and she goes by a different name now, they are all her alias'....so there! It's all legal.

She was going to look into it and call me back. She didn't.

I called again today and re-explained the situation to a very overwhelmed and overworked woman who also told me she'd check into it and call me back.

I didn't hold my breath.

We went out for dinner and when we got back, guess what? Window 11 man himself was on my answering machine!

He told me he processed her application and we will receive her social sec. card in a couple weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea!!!!!!!!!!!!! They did it!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't have to go back down there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, God!!

Thank you, Window 11 guy for calling me back and getting it done!!

I am happy.

Love,
Laura


2 comments: