I'll just list the facts:
We have not received Tarikwa's birth certificate as of yet. It technically should have been there last week and if they have it, they have yet to send it to the office. I'd really like to have the assurance of having it.
It has happened in the past that a family found out just a couple days before they were to leave for Ethiopia, that their child's passport was not done and they had to be postponed for a couple weeks. I truly cannot imagine this!
Ethiopian children who are coming to the U.S. must have a TB test a week before travel. Please pray that Tarikwa's comes back negative and isn't a problem. If it is positive, the child must remain in Ethiopia for several weeks for treatment before they can travel.
So these things are weighing heavily on me right now. I don't know WHY I let myself be concerned about these things after ALL the Lord has done for us...but I do. I would feel so much better if I knew all paperwork was on schedule and there was nothing to think of except the dreaded 17 hours straight on an airplane.
I don't believe that God worked it out so that Jill and I could travel together and take the girls home together, just to revoke that blessing. What I need is more faith and trust in the Lord! See, now you all can see just how weak I am!
So, if you would pray with us that all paperwork would be done and done correctly and on time.
There were no families traveling this week, so even though this would be a week we'd send her a letter, she will not receive one. The next time she hears from us will be in person, face to face!!
Thanks for letting me unload. Thanks also for your prayers!
I appreciate you,