Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Pray for paperwork

I'm going to put this out there because I believe in the power of prayer and I would feel lots better if I knew that people were praying.

I'll just list the facts:

We have not received Tarikwa's birth certificate as of yet. It technically should have been there last week and if they have it, they have yet to send it to the office. I'd really like to have the assurance of having it.

It has happened in the past that a family found out just a couple days before they were to leave for Ethiopia, that their child's passport was not done and they had to be postponed for a couple weeks. I truly cannot imagine this!

Ethiopian children who are coming to the U.S. must have a TB test a week before travel. Please pray that Tarikwa's comes back negative and isn't a problem. If it is positive, the child must remain in Ethiopia for several weeks for treatment before they can travel.

So these things are weighing heavily on me right now. I don't know WHY I let myself be concerned about these things after ALL the Lord has done for us...but I do. I would feel so much better if I knew all paperwork was on schedule and there was nothing to think of except the dreaded 17 hours straight on an airplane.

I don't believe that God worked it out so that Jill and I could travel together and take the girls home together, just to revoke that blessing. What I need is more faith and trust in the Lord! See, now you all can see just how weak I am!

So, if you would pray with us that all paperwork would be done and done correctly and on time.

There were no families traveling this week, so even though this would be a week we'd send her a letter, she will not receive one. The next time she hears from us will be in person, face to face!!

Thanks for letting me unload. Thanks also for your prayers!

I appreciate you,
Laura

4 comments:

  1. Praying for yours and ours.

    Trusting God to move the mountains that we see - that are nothing for Him!

    Love you!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are in my prayers and I'm sure everything will go smoothly. You are not weak, you are one of the strongest people I have ever known. But, yes, I will pray for the paperwork gets there and that the test comes back negative (which they will). Hugs are heading your way. Stay positive. I'm here for you.

    Love, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are in my prayers! You are not weak, just human. Thank you for letting us pray with you. Cannot wait to hear that you are on that plane headed over!
    Blessings
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Uncle Tony was telling me about this today...I said to him afterward, what is she worried about after all she's been through and overcome, why would she be worried at this point in the game? He said it was your personality lol. Well I will pray all goes well for you to travel in a week :)

    ReplyDelete